Spinach Manicotti Recipe
1 carton (15 oz) ricotta cheese
1 pkg (10oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 ½ c (6 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
¾ c shredded parmesan cheese divided
2 tsp minced fresh parsley
½ tsp onion powder
½ tsp pepper
1/8 tsp garlic powder
2 jars (28oz) spaghetti sauce
1 ½ c water
1 pkg (8oz) manicotti shells
1. In a large bowl, combine ricotta, spinach, 1 c mozzarella, ¼ c parmesan, egg, parsley, onion powder, pepper, and garlic powder.
2. Combine spaghetti sauce and water; spread 1 c sauce in an ungreased 9×13 baking dish.
3. Stuff uncooked manicotti with spinach mixture; arrange over sauce.
4. Pour remaining sauce over manicotti. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and parmesan.
5. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove from fridge 30 min. before baking.
6. Bake uncovered at 350 for 40-50 min or until heated through.
photo credit: vegsource.com