There are many companies out there that would love to track you online and offer you ads. However, some of them will go to any lengths to take over your computer’s browser, specifically your search page. This post will allow you to remove Visual Bee and other browser hijackers from Chrome.
Visual Bee and other undesirable browser hijackers may be installed in a number of areas on your computer. The browser hijacker may be within various areas of your computer and your Chrome browser. For example, the browser hijacker may be located in your programs menu, your Chrome start page, and/or your extensions area. Below, I have provided the steps that you will follow to identify and remove your browser hijacker. Let’s get cracking!
Add or Remove Programs
Click on the windows icon and search for “Add or remove programs”. This will bring up the list of programs that you have installed on your computer. Look for the program that you are looking to uninstall and remove it from your computer by clicking uninstall.
Change Your Chrome Start Page
- Click the Chrome browser settings icon and select “settings”.
- From the “Settings” page, navigate to the “On Startup” section and click on the link “Set Pages”.
- Hover over the URL link that you want to remove and click on the “x” to delete the URL you do not want to show up there.
- Click “ok” to save your changes.
Remove Visual Bee From Your Chrome Extensions List
The hijacker may have added itself as a browser extension. Follow these steps to remove it from that location.
- Click on the Chrome Wrench.
- Hover over “Tools” and select Extensions”.
- From the list of extensions, remove the extension that you do not wish to have running in your browser.
Hope the above process was helpful in removing your browser hijacker. You can now surf the net the way you choose, and with a tool that you want to use.