It goes without saying that Google is trying to become the ubiquitous force behind the internet. Let’s face it, it is very difficult to escape Google’s long reach with the amount of quality and productive software they have developed or acquired. Today, I want to introduce you to a simple way to easily create forms and quizzes using Google Docs-now Drive. All you need to carry out this operation is to navigate to drive.google.com and follow the simple steps outlined below. This is no Survey Monkey killer, but I think that Google Drive is a very effective tool to have in your bag.
Step 1: Head Over to Google Drive
Navigate to drive.google.com and log in if you already have an account. I would suggest that you visit the site armed with your Google log-in credentials. You need not download the Google Drive software to carry out this activity.
Step 2: Find that Form Link
Log into Google Drive and click on the create button. From the drop down menu select form and start creating your form. Additionally you can select a theme for your form or you can choose to go with the default plain theme.
Step 3: Select The Form Link
Once you are satisfied with the quality of the form that you have created, you share the form on Google Plus, email the form, or copy and embed the HTML wherever you want.
Step 4: Select Your Form Theme
Select a theme or use the default theme. By default, Google has it set so that the theme selector popping up when you reach this stage. However, you can always go back and change the theme anytime by selecting theme from the form navigation menu.
Step 5: Add You Questions
1. Allows you to go back and forth to make changes.
2. Theme selector: Allows you to change the theme users see when they are filling out the form.
3. Response Destination: This is where you would like Google to send the responses when they fill the form out.
4. View Live Form: This will show you what the end users will be seeing when they complete the form.
5. Title and Description: Adding your form title and description will help your users know what they are filling out.
6. Add Item: This is where you will add the various responses your users will be filling out.
7. Confirmation Page: This is the final page that users filling out the form will see. You are able to decide on the level of control the end user will have.
8. Chat Pane: Collaborators are able to instantly communicate each other. Also, you are able to see who is viewing the live document.
The question types supported are:
Choose from a list
Step 9: Select Your Response Destination
Where inside of Google Drive do you want your responses to be saved? data to be saved. Option 1 from the screen above will allow you to create a new destination spreadsheet, option 2 will allow you to save to a new sheet inside of an existing document and option 3 will allow you to create a new spreadsheet.
That is it, you are all done. Sit back and wait for responses to come in.
Have you ever tried to tackle Google Docs/Drive? Share your experiences below.